1thwonder

[DM]1thwonder - Inception |v2

22 posts in this topic

I don't usually comment on nowdays maps because let's face it, they're all the same sh** but today I'm glad that I checked your map, it truly brings something new and refreshing. Astonishing work! ;)

intento1.png

Wasn't really sure about leaving a comment as it was hard for me to find the right words; yet I just felt like I had to.

Once your v.1 got released, I've only been able to speculate what kind of new content you'd bring to your next map. However, this map has gladly exceeded my expectations. Many maps are being released day by day (most of them looking almost the same tbh), then your map comes in. Just as Martis said, I realized this was clearly inspired by "Inception" as soon as the song started playing and the map kept going, it actually reminded me a few scenarios I completely forgot about the film (the snow environment as a clear example). 

Anyway, probably the most suitable comparison to describe what I felt about this map might be, a bucket of fresh water in the desert.

Anxiously awaiting new content from you.

“The one who only wishes and hopes does not interfere actively with the course of events and with the shaping of his own destiny.” 
-
Ludwig Von Mises

By the pictures you were posting previously, I was expecting something greater or even more fascinating than Tampon's vol.3, but the final result wasn't a big deal in my pov. Looks like you made it as a tribute to Snake, since you have used exactly the same map name and a remixed version of the song used by him on his volume 8, besides of other parts similar to his previous maps. I don't really know if he is a big source of inspiration to you or just a personal friend, that's why I'm in doubt about how to react to your creation. There are some notable examples:

From 2:20 until 2:40. 

From 2:30 until the end.

However, I really appreciate your effort, because your map was really well made. I can not disagree that you did a good job. Magnetic wheels part is simply lovely and every detail on decorations prove that you really a competent mapper. On other hand, those explosions are not convenient to the player while driving the map + the vehicle change in 2:05 may be delayed in some servers, harming the whole part hence. Well, I'd like to congratulate you for making that awesome map. I guess that the reference to Snake was just a wrong impression. Anyway, if you could leave a reply, I'd be really thankful. @1thwonder

@GuilhermE it's not a tribute to snake. Inception is a movie and the music he used is it's soundtrack

I've seen thousands of movies but inception was the best one and I don't think I will watch such a good movie ever again. Nice map you created, looking forward to play it :)

@GuilhermE First of all, thanks for your opinion.

@xDarK1nG is right.

I guess you have never seen the movie 'Inception' ?

Shame on you, I strongly recommend you to watch that incredible movie and then watch my video again.

Everything will fall into place, for example the explosions, they are a keyelement in the first part of the movie.

Then I guess you have never heard of Hans Zimmer either? He's the most popular movie composer nowdays.

To be honest, I already started mapping before I noticed someone else had made a map about it before. (Snake)

Yes, shame on me for not knowing snake maps, I do remember that they are hard as fuck for me.

I checked it out, but it was nothing compared to what I had in mind.

The vehicle change, I agree, I just suck in making track. I usually create track based on the ideas I have for the decoration.

But that is just my style, I didn't want to release one of the 10.000 maps that were made in 2016. I wanted to make that single one that everybody remembers.

If that includes explosions, cutscenes, vehicle changes, so be it.

Edited by 1thwonder

ffs1.jpg

This is what I'm talking about being creative, congratulations!

Amazing map dude no words !
Another 2016 perfect map !

oGMUaFH.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif